Wednesday July 17, 2013 06:57
Monteith died from heroin and alcohol overdose
Glee actor Cory Monteith died from an overdose of heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia coroner, the Canadian Press reported Tuesday.
Monteith was found dead in his hotel in Vancouver on Saturday. The actor had struggled with drugs and alcohol abuse for years.
The report said that coroners performed an autopsy and toxicology analysis as part of the post-mortem testing which confirmed the drug toxicity. According to the report, the coroner’s service said there was no evidence that Monteith’s death was anything other than accidental. (dpa)